We have a very exciting opportunity to join our digital marketing team at August Ash as a Digital Marketing Strategist. If you love the challenge and responsibility of creating and collaborating on the planning, strategy and execution of online marketing plans you just may be the person we’re looking for. Working at August Ash means you’ll be getting to work on some of the most recognizable brands in the state of Minnesota across e-commerce, service area businesses and a range of B2B companies.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who is up to speed with our industry’s latest tools and tactics and just as comfortable in the meeting room explaining their ideas for creating growth. This is a multi-disciplinary role. Meaning they’ll be involved in planning, analysis, strategy, user-experience design, improving conversion rates, leveraging email marketing and understanding the roles of content creation and the social space.
- 2+ years of full-time experience working in a design agency environment
- Deep understanding of web metrics, Google analytics and the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Can anticipate needs and set priorities
- Ability to research, present and explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Some familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Excellent problem-solving, project management and leadership skills.
- Help plan, develop and present digital marketing plans for a wide range of clients
- Collaborate with digital marketing and web development teams to deliver tangible results for clients
- Set-up benchmarking to track, report, and analyze KPI’s and initiatives
- Conduct buyer persona workshops to gain and give insight into the client’s customers
- Develop key messaging for website and online promotional channels
- Help educate and coach clients on choices, decisions and directions
- Report findings and recommendations to both Digital Marketing Director and directly with clients
- Manage a diverse a growing roster of clients
Our core values have shaped our company. They are a big reason companies have chosen August Ash as a marketing partner for the last 18 years, and a key influencer in shaping a culture that means people want to work at August Ash. We encourage you to look over them and think about whether they align with who you are and what you value - because we don’t hire anyone without that alignment.
- We take care of each other like family (We care about each other and our clients, and want to make a positive difference in their lives)
- We are responsible for the resources we influence (We can be trusted)
- We learn and improve in everything we do (We have a "growth mindset")
- We face challenges with the right attitude (We are leaned in, and always pressing forward)
- We foster a culture of good humor and good-natured people (We desire deep relationships with genuine people)
Can you adapt? The one constant in our industry is rapid change. That means the processes, tools and methodologies that created last month’s success, might not be what is needed next month. So can you adapt?
Do you love to learn? We believe a love of learning is fundamental for a successful long-term career in Digital Marketing. You’ll be expected to direct a lot of your own learning and we’ll support you with monthly “Learning Labs”, attendance to industry and local events and meet-ups.
Are You Collaborative? Managing paid search campaigns is largely about being organized and managing your own productivity. Even if you’re a left-brained marketer we would love it if you’re naturally collaborative because we’re a friendly bunch and we hope you are too.
Can You Always Do The Right Thing? Managing someone else’s money is a tremendous responsibility and PPC management is a partnership based on trust. It’s not about sending reports with good news, it’s about always doing the right thing for a client, even if they don’t understand or know what you’re doing And sometimes that also means having courageous conversations.
Teach Us! Part of “Learning and improving in everything we do”, is taking time to teach others around us about latest trends, new findings or helpful insights. The modern marketer needs to have a solid grasp on a variety of skills and technologies – and we expect you’ll be a part of that ongoing growth.
Why Work Here?
The People: At August Ash it’s mainly about the people. That understanding is important. Because even if we try to lure talented people with pinball machines and free swag, we know that after the novelty wears off, who you spend around 40 hrs of your week with, is what really matters.
The Culture: We're (slightly) counter cultural - and we believe in a good way. You won’t find glow in the dark ping-pong tables and beer taps and you also won’t find people around you burned out from working 65 hour weeks. It’s all about a group of smart people, who are good natured, working hard to delight customers in an industry they love.