We are seeking an ambitious, experienced Front End Developer to join our collaborative team. Our Front End Web Developer will create surprising yet intuitive, performant user interfaces that will make people want to understand and care about our projects. You will have the opportunity to be on the frontline and gain experience with cutting edge technologies as you help shape the direction our company takes with Front End interactive design and techniques.
- Design, code, and test technical solutions-a coder with an eye for design
- Ensure client websites adhere to defined coding, performance, accessibility and usability standards
- Be an active team member and help lead the direction for August Ash’s front end development techniques
- Comfortable communicating with clients and providing them with creative solutions that match their user's needs
- Collaborate with our design and development teams on client projects
- Be an advocate for the users and your clients, anticipating what they need before they ask and presenting possible solutions or recommendations
- Be an ambassador for August Ash and your team
- Understand what quality means and completes work to that standard
- 2 or more years of theming experience with at least 1 year working within an interactive agency.
- Demonstrate an impressive portfolio that conveys that you not only have good taste but also can work on a variety of projects.
- Strong communication skills along with excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Experience in or willingness to learn React, Redux, Angular etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency and work experience with Responsive Design
- Hands on experience working with web services (REST, SOAP, etc)
- Experience using a version control system, GIT preferred
- Knowledge of cross-browser techniques and challenges a plus
- CMS driven web publishing experience (WordPress, Drupal, Magento etc.) is a plus
- Complete assignments within set time and budget
- Willing and able to constantly learn and keep up with the latest and greatest development technologies
- Self-driven. You know what to get done and how to meet those deadlines.
- Nice. Our team treats each other like family.
This position is a salary position with family benefits including health, dental, 401k and paid vacation.