We are looking for an SEM expert to join our Digital Marketing team and manage the pay-per-click (PPC) marketing activities for our roster of local and national clients. That includes some of the most recognizable brands in the state of Minnesota across e-commerce, service area businesses and a range of B2B sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 2 year’s proven commercial SEM experience and success managing PPC campaigns across primarily Google’s Paid search platform
- Some experience in Bing, Linkedin and Facebook’s Ad platforms would be a huge advantage
- Well versed in Google Analytics and Google’s search console
- Proven competence in setting up conversion tracking for campaigns and reporting within Google Analytics
- Comfortable in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Some familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Work with the digital marketing and web development teams to set-up benchmarking to track, report, and analyze KPI’s, initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Help optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Report findings and recommendations to both Digital Marketing Director and directly with clients
Our core values have shaped our company. They are a big reason companies have chosen August Ash as a marketing partner for the last 18 years, and a key influencer in shaping a culture that means people want to work at August Ash. We encourage you to look over them and think about whether they align with who you are and what you value - because we don’t hire anyone without that alignment.
- We take care of each other like family (We care about each other and our clients, and want to make a positive difference in their lives)
- We are responsible for the resources we influence (We can be trusted)
- We learn and improve in everything we do (We have a "growth mindset")
- We face challenges with the right attitude (We are leaned in, and always pressing forward)
- We foster a culture of good humor and good-natured people (We desire deep relationships with genuine people)
Can you adapt? The one constant in our industry is rapid change. That means the processes, tools and methodologies that created last month’s success, might not be what is needed next month. So can you adapt?
Do you love to learn? We believe a love of learning is fundamental for a successful long-term career in Digital Marketing. You’ll be expected to direct a lot of your own learning and we’ll support you with monthly “Learning Labs”, attendance to industry and local events and meet-ups.
Are You Collaborative? Managing paid search campaigns is largely about being organized and managing your own productivity. Even if you’re a left-brained marketer we would love it if you’re naturally collaborative because we’re a friendly bunch and we hope you are too.
Can You Always Do The Right Thing? Managing someone else’s money is a tremendous responsibility and PPC management is a partnership based on trust. It’s not about sending reports with good news, it’s about always doing the right thing for a client, even if they don’t understand or know what you’re doing And sometimes that also means having courageous conversations.
Teach Us! Part of “Learning and improving in everything we do”, is taking time to teach others around us about latest trends, new findings or helpful insights. The modern marketer needs to have a solid grasp on a variety of skills and technologies – and we expect you’ll be a part of that ongoing growth.
Why Work Here?
The People: At August Ash it’s mainly about the people. That understanding is important. Because even if we try to lure talented people with pinball machines and free swag, we know that after the novelty wears off, who you spend around 40 hrs of your week with, is what really matters.
The Culture: We're (slightly) counter cultural - and we believe in a good way. You won’t find glow in the dark ping-pong tables and beer taps and you also won’t find people around you burned out from working 65 hour weeks. It’s all about a group of smart people, who are good natured, working hard to delight customers in an industry they love.